Thursday, March 29, 2012


Karen White had a lingering sore in her mouth. When she decided to see a doctor, he didn't seem terribly concerned, but he did a biopsy. Then one morning the doctor called Karen.
“Will you and Brad come in to my office?”
“When the doctor called and asked if Brad could come to the appointment with me, it kind of indicated the biopsy results might be serious,” Karen said.
Brad was on a flight at that moment from Norway. “He told me to take Nikki (16) with me. She was with me when the doctor gave me the news. [Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma]. When we arrived home I told Amber, our then 10 year old daughter. Nikki and I decided not to tell Brad until he got home.” (He flew Bergen, Norway to Amsterdam. Amsterdam to Atlanta and Atlanta to Memphis.)
In the middle of his flight Brad started worrying about the biopsy results.
“Neither of us or the doctor had been worried for a minute, but that day the Lord prepared him for the news,” Karen said. “As soon as he arrived in Atlanta he called me. His first words were, “What about the biopsy?”
That night they called Karen’s and Brad’s parents.
“We knew the biopsy results were serious, but we certainly didn’t understand the full scope of the biopsy results,” Karen said.“In all honesty, I have felt ministering angels from the minute of diagnosis right up until now. ‘Through many dangers, toils and snares, I have ALREADY come,’ so I know, ‘Tis grace that brought me safe thus far…and grace will lead me home.”

1 comment:

quietspirit said...

God protects us as we await the outcome of procedures. He also gives us prior insight to the need our loved ones face.

Cecelia Lester (Quiet Spirit)