Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma (ACC) invaded Karen White’s life. Her life as wife, mother and office manager for Brad White Ministries changed. Fortunately, because Karen’s doctor correctly diagnosed her and a man at a concert told Brad about proton radiation treatment at M.D. Anderson, Karen is doing well after her treatment.
Her treatment didn’t happen overnight or as easily as the sentence above makes it sound. Karen and her family still need our prayers.
In my research I’ve found many who have radiation of the mouth; head and neck area suffer from sores in the mouth and dry mouth conditions. With all cancers it is important to eat a good balanced diet and keep your weight up. Of course, the sores in the mouth make it difficult to eat.
Here is great advice from ACC Survivors
· Carry bottled water with you everywhere
· Use Biotene gum
· Drink Ensure, Boost or other nourishment drinks.
· Don’t drink anything too hot or too cold.
· Don’t eat anything spicy.
· Warm salt water gargles help (not too much salt)
· Ask your doctor for the “Magic Mouthwash.”
· Always talk to your doctor about the slightest problems
Taste and see that the Lord is good;
Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.